How to make Cheese Bread
* 2 cups flour
* 4 teaspoons baking powder
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
* ¼ cup cold butter
* 1 cup sharp cheddar shredded
* 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shredded
* 1 green onion finely chopped
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup milk
* 3 tablespoons sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 ½” x 4″ loaf pan.
Whisk dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in butter. Stir in cheeses and green onion.
In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until foamy. Add milk and sugar.
Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir just until moistened, do not overmix.
Pour into prepared pan and bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.